Even if they’re fairly outdated, classic on-premise phones and PBX are still in the office of many prominent companies, as most of them are not even aware of the amazing configurations and flexibility of cloud-integrates PBX alternatives. RingCentral, being one of the most popular cloud PBXs on the market, allows users to engage in voice communications, organize online meetings, benefit from audio and video conferencing, and much more. Since it is cloud-hosted, RingCentral will cover all maintenance and setup matters, and will thereof save the money you’d invest in expensive hardware, installation, training operators, and so on. Due to its out-of-the-box features, RingCentral was awarded multiple times by various review sites and teams of experts. Let’s check the main features and benefits of this well-known PBX. As with other RingCentral reviews, the aim of this guide is to help you check if the product fits your requirements.
Benefits of RingCentral
- One of the benefits we consistently note in our RingCentral reviews is that it offers all the traditional features without the need to pay for maintenance or hardware
- Uptime is optimized for cases of emergency or sudden loss of internet
- There are toll-free calls, both for local and international calls
- An advanced security scheme: RingCentral offers a variety of enterprise-grade protective features, including Tier 1 datacenters for physical, biometric, and cloud security, 24/7 constant monitoring, failover mechanisms, and system hardening.
- RingCentral streamlines call management for maximal user adoption, as it has one of the simplest and most intuitive user interface designs.
- Employees can stay connected in all situations and locations, thanks to the BYOD (bring your own device) system initiatives.
- RingCentral is very flexible, and will grow with the same tempo your business does. You can always add users,lines, extensions, or locations.
- The Android and iOS mobile apps are available for administrators and other users too.
- You can read more RingCentral reviews to learn more about the software and its capabilities.
Unlike other PBXs, RingCentral takes only few minutes to set up. The only thing you’re supposed to do is to create an account, login, customize the settings, and your current phone will start operating in cloud. The new phone system is a sophisticated one, and raises the threshold above standard expectations – it is well-integrated, capable of performing outstanding call management, and it allows extensions, online meetings, and recording. On top of that, you can order an IP phone, and the vendor will make sure you get in no more than a week.
The process starts when RingCentral distributes your phone number via email, and allows you to configure rules and settings such as voicemail, blocking, routing, and the compulsory forwarding. Traditional phone users know this process can take weeks, but RingCentral gets it done in a couple of minutes.
RingCentral deserves the attribute of an end-to-end PBX solution that covers all necessary call management features, comprising phone calls, texts, fax, and conferencing. The fact that these features are flexible and can be extended only proves that RingCentral is a faithful partner that can grow alongside your business. Long story short, this is a complete solution that can meet each and every of your business requirements.
Let’s take a look at some of the best features: RingCentral makes it possible to forward calls to mobile devices, receive internet faxes, call groups at once, or divert unanswered calls to the next available agent. As we already mentioned, you can also order your preconfigured IP phone, be it a cordless or a receptionist/conference one. Preconfigured phones have a lot to do with smooth transition, and we recommend all of the users to order them.
Keeping Decentralized Teams Together
Sounds like a big promise, but it is true. RingCentral is perfectly capable of connecting remote employees regardless of their location, and all it demands for the purpose is a mobile app. Once your team members have installed it on their devices, they can receive HD calls, voicemail, get notified instantly, and attend HD meetings and conferences. Basically, normal and basic mobile devices are becoming BYOD line extensions.
The mobile features are just as good as the desktop ones, allowing users to follow their status in real time, manage direct numbers, or even extend settings when necessary. Calls can be redirected as usual, and multiple agents are able to participate in a single call. As most of the operations managed by RingCentral, this one also takes a single command to be completed.
The best among mobile features is probably the possibility to activate data networks and ‘cellular voice’ in case the internet goes down. Thereof, the ideal profile of a RingCentral user is a virtually operating office.
Overview of RingCentral features
- Recording Calls
- Forwarding Calls
- Collaboration Features
- Internet Fax
- Business SMS
- Online Meetings
- Audio & Video Conferencing
- Toll-Free Calls for Local and International Numbers
- Voicemail & Greeting
- Cloud PBX
- Mobile Apps (Android and iOS)
RingCentral Pricing Plans
RingCentral is available in three pricing plans, with a 30-days free trial available for all of them.
Standard Plan: $24.99/user/month
The plan covers all the basic phone administration and call management features, including as well internet fax and business text messaging. You will have access to 1,000 toll free minutes for local and international numbers, and you’ll be entitled to the mobile apps as well. Here are the rest of the features:
- Online Meetings (both desktop and mobile) for 4 people
- Phone Rental Option
- Glip (Team calls and collaboration)
- Multipoint Mobile/Desktop Audio & Video Conferencing
- Call Log Reports
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Box, Google, and Dropbox Integrations
Premium Plan – $34.99/user/month
It covers all of the Standard plan features, with the difference that 25 people get to attend a meeting, and there are 2,500 toll-free minutes instead of 1,000. The other great features are:
- Single Sign On
- Multi-Level Auto Attendants
- Advanced Integrations (Zendesk, Salesforce, and Desk.com)
Enterprise Plan – $44.99/user/month
It covers the Premium features, this time with 50 people per meeting, and 10,000 toll-free minutes for local and international phones. Premium Voicemail Preview is also included.
Thanks to its outstanding functionality and the plethora of unique features, RingCentral ranks among the best PBX apps on FinancesOnline.com. Currently, it has a score of 9.6/10, and a customer satisfaction rate of incredible 99%. Opting for it also makes sense because of the multiple awards it has won so far, and the fact that you’re entitled to an unpaid 1 month-trial where you can examine all features before investing your money.