Freshdesk is the best cloud-hosted helpdesk that offers a simple interface and strong features. It is used by more than 50,000 customers including large enterprises such as Cisco, 3M, and Boss. Freshdesk is a cost-effective support system for companies of all sizes. As with other Freshdesk reviews we assess the software’s benefits, pricing and technical specs to help you see if it fits your needs.
Benefits of Freshdesk
- If there’s one recurring benefit you’ll notice in many Freshdesk reviews, it is that you can offer multi-channel support through phone, live chat, email, social media and self-service portal
- Robust ticketing with accessible features right inside each ticket
- Smart automation that prioritizes and assigns tickets immediately; auto closes the day’s resolved tickets and sends notifications for unresolved issues
- Gamification to motivate your employees
- SLA customization that allows you to efficiently manage customers of different plans
- Corporate branding to match your self-service portal with your corporate website
- Smooth integration with more than 60 apps including CRM systems and Google Apps
- Free mobile apps for Android and iOS, plus HTML5 for mobile browsers
- You can find more information about the benefits in Freshdesk reviews here.
Motivate Your Team with Fun Games
Games include sharp shooting, speed racing, and earning wow points. They can help you generate excitement every workday and boost agent motivation. You can align the games with your business goals such as higher customer satisfaction rating, faster resolutions, zero backlog etc. This ensures your agents have fun while meeting their targets.
Handle Customer Queries Efficiently
Freshdesk offers a range of support channels including phone, chat, email, social media, and forum. You can convert all queries into tickets and view them in one place. Then, you can prioritize and assign the tickets. Plus, you can set priorities based on your service level agreements (SLAs). This ensures you provide 24/7 assistance to premium plan customers, while starting plan tickets get answers during business hours. You can also provide self-help assistance for customers through a knowledge base, forums, and the support portal.
Robust Ticketing Functionality
Freshdesk’s enterprise-grade ticketing is used by big companies like Cisco, Toshiba, Boss, and 3M. The app is also scalable to meet the growing needs of small businesses. Ticketing features are offered right inside each ticket. Therefore, agents can focus on each ticket without needing to shift to another window for relevant tasks. They can work together on complex tickets using private notes for internal communication. The agent collision detection feature helps to avoid different or repeat responses to the same ticket.
Overview of Freshdesk Features
- Automations – Ticket routing, scenario automations
- Community Portal with Idea Management & Voting
- Email to Ticket Conversion
- Integrations: Freshbooks, Google Apps, Harvest, CapsuleCRM
- Knowledge Base
- Leaderboard & gamification
- Multi-channel support, including Facebook & Twitter
- Multi-language & multi-time zone support
- Multiple Service Level Agreement policies
- Multi-product/multi-brand Support
- Satisfaction Surveys
- Self Service Portal
What Problems can Freshdesk Solve?
Manage hectic email communication: Many businesses have a common email inbox for receiving customer queries and multiple agents access this inbox to reply to them. This setup can become chaotic as your business grows. Freshdesk consolidates the email inbox and streamlines the ticketing interface. This helps agents know who’s answering which ticket and also access contextual data, which ensures all emails are answered appropriately. Freshdesk’s Agent Collision feature helps to avoid multiple responses to the same ticket.
Collaborate on support issues: To handle difficult tickets, support agents need to take help from other staff like developers and testers. They can do this by adding private notes to a ticket and sending them to specific employees. Agents can also send tickets to third-party vendors from within the system. They can also forward calls and route chats to the right agents. Plus, agents can consult with experts simultaneously using a private agent-to-agent chat. All these features help them collaborate with a specific person or team who specialize in resolving a particular issue.
Automate repetitive tasks: Email support involves a lot of time in categorizing and assigning tickets to the right agents. Other time-consuming tasks are replying to simple queries and typing the same response to the same questions. Freshdesk comes to your rescue with intelligent automations to save time, reduce agent workload, and enhance productivity. The Dispatch’r feature automatically categorizes and assigns tickets to the right team. The Supervisor and Observer, which are time-based and event-based triggers respectively, can be used to set up rules to automatically send out alerts, and handle escalations and follow ups. Plus, agents can use canned responses to reply to common questions quickly.
Pricing of Freshdesk
Freshdesk offers five price plans and a 30-day free trial. You can learn more about Freshdesk price here.
- Sprout: free for up to 3 agents
Features include email support, phone support, and knowledge base
- Blossom: $19 per agent monthly
Features include social support, community forums, and game mechanics
- Garden: $29 per agent monthly
Features include live chat, multiple products, and multiple locations
- Estate: $49 per agent monthly
Features include enterprise reports, portal customization, and custom agent roles
- Forest: $79 per agent monthly
Features include IP whitelisting and custom email servers